Thursday, July 28, 2011

So I Bought a Webcam

In my whole life, I've never had any real desire to own a webcam. Yet, this arrived in the mail today:


It's a "Logitech 720p Webcam C310". I bought it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-960-000585-720p-Webcam-C310/dp/B003LVZO8S

So why did I get this? Could it be that...
  1. I have offseas business matters?
  2. I'm in a long-distance relationship?
  3. I'm trying to get into a long-distance relationship? (lol)
  4. I'm starting my own show on YouTube?
  5. Someone's stealing stuff from my place, and I need surveillance?
I can't tell you why now, but I can tell you that it's one of the above. =)

Shopping Around and Best Buy

I first went to... where else!? Amazon.com! And as usual, I picked the cheapest and best thing they had. More specifically, I was looking for the least expensive, 720p webcam with at least 100 ratings and a 4.5 star average.

I also checked out Best Buy which had the same brand camera (Logitech), but it was a lesser model and at a higher price. Ohhhh-kaaay.

It just makes me wonder, how long will it be before Best Buy goes the way of CompUSA, Good Guy's, and Circuit City? Or the way of Borders, Blockbuster, and Sam Goody?

Best Buy's not in any financial trouble right now, and I buy a lot of stuff there. But it seems like every brick and mortar business eventually falls to an online competitor offering a similar service (the exception though are groceries). Will Best Buy forever be able to compete with Newegg and Amazon?

Other Stuff I Bought

I saw this at Walgreens and thought it looked so gross that I had to buy it and drink it:


Mountain Dew "White Out": tasty name for a liquid. It actually wasn't bad. It tastes like Mountain Dew mixed with Sierra Mist.

I also ate this for the 3rd time in a month:


It's a Lori's burger at Lori's Diner (very touristy diner chain in San Francisco).

But is it worth it? I don't mean health-wise as I already know the answer to that. lol.

What I mean is the burger cost $11-something. Plus the garlic fries upgrade, soda, tax, and tip, it comes out closer to $20. At that price, I can get THREE Big Mac Extra Value Meals and just one Big Mac meal fills me up the same. Of course, a diner burger is better than a Big Mac but is it 3x better?

For a broke person like me, I'm going to say.... no. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment