Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Experience Troubleshooting AT&T Internet



I got a new modem from AT&T. I installed it, and it worked. The next day (today) midway in the evening, the internet would stop working, and I would receive a "service down" message and a 1-800 number to call if the problem persisted for more than 15 minutes.

After a few hours of downtime, I decided to call the number.

CALL #1

1. Went through menus to reach high-speed troubleshooting.
2. Told by technician I've reached the dial-up section. They transfer me to high-speed section.
3. Silence. Then... "if you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again."

CALL #2

1. Went through menus to reach high-speed troubleshooting.
2. Again told by technician I've reached the dial-up section. They want to transfer me to high-speed section. I explain I don't want to be hanged up on again, and they assure me it won't happen.
3. I reach high-speed section but am told I need to be transferred to an equipment technician instead.
4. Silence. Then... "if you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again."

CALL #3

1. Went through menus to reach high-speed troubleshooting.
2. Silence. Then... "sorry, but our offices are closed."

Aiya!

Then 15 minutes later while sitting on my computer, the internet suddenly comes on again. And now I'm typing this blog post.

Aiya!

No comments:

Post a Comment